It is important to know your Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) status so that if you are already listed there you can make an effort of following the procedure to clear.
CRB shortlists an individual after failing to pay loans acquired from online lending platforms and banks.
Once listed in CRB, several consequences can affect you in so many ways in your life.
Those who are ranked in CRB can no longer access loans from banks and other online platforms. Secondly, the affected person may lose his or her loan limits.
Another consequence that may affect you to a larger extent is that you may find it difficult to secure a job from the companies, private sectors and government sectors.
Further, if you are ranked in CRB, be reminded that your good conduct certificate may be affected by your unpaid loans.
Therefore, you are urged to check your CRB status and if you find yourself listed in CRB take a step to clear your name from CRB to avoid becoming a victim of the aforementioned consequences.
How To Get Cleared From CRB
1. Check who listed you In CRB:
• If you are a safaricom user, dial *433# then follow the steps given.
• You can also use the Metropol Crystobol app downloaded from the play store, log in after installing the app and verify your CRB status.
• Another way to check your CRB status is to contact CRBs offices, Huduma centre Kenya, or a Cyber and request your CRB report.
2. Contact whoever has listed you In CRB
The next move is to contact your creditor and discuss your payment plan with them. Most lenders will agree to delist you from CRB if you pay as per the agreement plans.
3. Follow up
After you pay, your creditor usually writes to the CRB company asking them to delete your name from CRB. This may take a while so it is important to follow up snd keep on reminding them.
Once you confirm that you are have been removed, apply for a CRB clearance certificate. Lastly, submit it to your employer or whoever had requested it.