The Independent Electoral and Boundary Commission (IEBC) has released a detailed schedule for the 2022 general election.
The 2022 general election is expected to be conducted in August. Kenyans are highly anticipating the forthcoming 7th general election with the hope of choosing leaders who will take the country to greater heights.
IEBC, the commission mandated to oversee the election processes from voter registration to voting is on top gear preparing for the 2022 general election.
According to the commission number of activities are to take place between now and December 2021 in preparation for the 2022 general election.
The calendar of events as per the circular released by the Commission including:
1. Voter Education before 2022 general election
The commission has scheduled voter education to occur between now and December this year.
2. Fund drive for 2022 general election campaign funds
The aspirants who may have inadequate campaign funds are advised to hold fund drives to the funds. The activity is timetabled to take place before December 9th 2021. The public fundraisings for campaign funds will be closed after the 9th of December this year.
3. Resignation of Public servant officers before the 2022 general election.
Public servants who wish to vie in any position in the forthcoming 2022 General Election are advised to resign six months before the election date.
4. Diaspora and prisoners registration is scheduled to take place between 6th and 20th December this year.
5. Audit of register of voters is scheduled to take place from 1st to 30th October this year.
6. Publication of voters register before 2022 General Election
The voter register will be published on 2nd May next year and after which the campaign window will officially start.
The Commission has been under pressure from some political quarters who were of the opinion that the commissioners who officiated the 2017 elections resign.
The Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) has started notifying shortlisted candidates who applied for IEBC jobs that were advertised last month. The daid notification is done through short message service (SMS).