The Ministry of Defence, on Tuesday, October 5, released an official list of candidates who have been shortlisted for different job positions which were advertised last month.
The shortlisted candidates are going to be interviewed at the Ministry of Defence Headquarters at Ulinzi House on Lenana Road, Nairobi.
The successful candidates are expected to fill 209 listed vacancies to curb the shortage of workers in the ministry.
The advertised posts include artisan plumbers, artisan welders, artisan spray painters, artisan panel beaters, artisan carpenters, artisan electricians, motor vehicle mechanics, clerical officers, senior support staff, drivers and chefs.
During interviews, the shortlisted candidate for the posts are required to present, their original certificates, testimonials, and National Identification Cards.
Candidates are urged to adhere strictly to the ministry of health guidelines on the Covid-19 pandemic must be observed.
The notice further cautioned candidates against giving bribes to anybody purporting to be in a position to help in securing the job.
Candidates are advised to attend interviews on the dates and times indicated against their names.
The Ministry announced the recruitment of 40 more slots that are yet to be filled. The 40 posts are distributed as follows; five (5) vacancy slots for medical specialists and thirty-five (35) slots for specialized care nurses.
For one to be appointed as a medical specialist, the following qualifications are required;
- The candidate must have a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery from a recognized university,
- A Masters degree in any of the medical fields recognised by the Medical Practitioners and
- Dentists Board (MPDB).
- A certificate of Registration and practising license from the MPDB
For one to be appointed as a specialized nurse, one must meet the following;
- Must have a KCSE mean grade C, with at least C in Biology, English, or Kiswahili and a C- in any other two science subjects;
- Diploma from a recognised medical training college;
- A Higher Diploma;
- A valid Practising License;
- A registered person by the Nursing Council of Kenya.