The teacher Service Commission (TSC) has announced the recruitnent of more intern teachers this September for both primary and secondary schools.
The teacher service commission is inviting qualified candidate teachers to apply for the advertised posts. The advertised intern posts include 1038 for primary schools and 957 for secondary schools making a total of 1995 posts.
The internship program was introduced in the year 2019 to reduce teacher deficiency in both primary and secondary schools.
The intern teachers sign a contract of one year with a monthly pay of Sh 20,000 for secondary school teachers and Sh 15,000 for primary school teachers.
The internship program targets the TSC registered unemployed teachers whose teaching experience is enhanced via mentorship, coaching and exposure to practical experiences in their deployed institutions.
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. Be a Kenyan citizen;
2. The teacher must be registered with the Teachers Service Commission;
3. Must have a P1 Certificate for Primary school teachers;
4. For Secondary school teachers must have a minimum of a Diploma in education;
5. Have original academic and professional certificates;
6. Should not have been in previous employment with the Teachers Service Commission, as a teacher on permanent terms;
7. Be ready to be posted to any public educational Ininstitutionn Kenya;
8. Must have a rsonal Accident Insurance to cover for personal risks during the internship period.
During interviews, successfully shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce the following:
1. A copy IDor Passport;
2. A copy of Teacher Registration Certificate/print-out from Teachers Service Commission online portal as evidence of registration as a teacher;
3. NCPWD) card for persons with a
disability where applicable.
4. A valid certificate of good conduct;
5. Two (2) coloured passport size photographs;
7. A copy othe f National Health Insurance Fund (NHIF) card;
8. A copy othe f Kenya Revenue Authority Personal Identification Number (KRA PIN).
How to Apply
All interested candidates should apply online through TSOfficialal Website: www.tsc.go.ke not later than 27th September 2021.
The recruitment exercise is done without any fee. Therefore the teacher service commission warns teachers against fraudsters asking for some fee to give advantage in the recruitment and process.