Last week on Tuesday, the Kenya Universities and colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) released the final list for placement results of KCSE 2020 candidates to various universities and TVET institutions across the country.
The candidates who applied for different courses in the preferred institutions had the opportunity to check the results by logging in to the kuccps student portal or by sending SMS to 20842.
Professor George Magoha gave a directive to KUCCPS to allow the candidates to conduct inter-institutional transfer if need be starting from 1st to 30th September 2021. Professor also stressed that the process is to be done online for those who may wish to transfer from one institution to another.
This calls for any student who is not satisfied with the University or TVET institution placed to early up and apply for inter-institutional transfer before the end of next month.
According to KUCCPS those wishing to transfer to the university of their choice after placement may do so if they meet the following guidelines. Inter-institution transfer can only be effected if one meets the following;
1. The student applying for inter-institution transfer must be government sponsored.
2. He or she must meet the requirements for the course that they want to pursue in the university they want to transfer to.
3. The student must get approval from the university or the colleges they want to join/transfer to.
4. The student should pay a non-refundable fee of KSH.1000 via mpesa code / Bill no .820201 for inter-university transfer processing.
5. The student is required to give a reason to as why he/she is seeking the inter-university transfer. The explanation must be provided in not less than 300 words.
The online transfer exercise is expected to be open early next month.
After the application for transfer is completed,
the student is required to download the dully filled inter-university transfer form and print it and submit the form to the two institutions; the institution he or she wishes to transfer from and the one he/she wants to join.
The form must be signed by the vice-chancellors of both university and the principal of the college after which the form is taken to the placement service.