The Education Ministry CS professor George Magoha released Placement for the 2020 KCSE candidates who are set to join different universities and TVET institutions across the country.
The long-awaited announcement has now put parents on their toes in the process of trying to meet administration requirements.
The majority of parents/guardians and the students at the moment are looking for means to raise funds to meet the necessities before reporting date and even after admission.
Over years Helb loans and other loans which are directed to boost the financial requirements in tertiaries have been of great importance to students from humble family backgrounds.
These students who need financial aid to meet the requirements before September are considering applying for a helb loan, CDF Bursaries and others. Some have experienced some difficulties because they don’t know the right procedure and what is required for each loan category.
Apart from HELB loan students can also apply for county government bursaries which range from Ksh 10000 to Ksh 20000.
For those wishing to apply for a helb loan and Bursaries, here is the procedure and requirements for the application:
- If you are legible for a HELB loan, you are required to access your HELB portal, log in to your account.
Once you log in a dashboard will appear. Proceed to the application and select the county you are coming from then fill the application form.
- Print the hard copy of the online filled form.
Sign the document accordingly and thereafter let your parents and guarantors sign.
- Attach the required documents. You will be required to attach copies of your National identification card (ID), admission letter, guarantor’s ID, parent’s ID, and your coloured passport size photo.
- Take the form to be stamped by an advocate or a magistrate.
- Finally, submit the form with the attached documents to the County education office of your county for verification and wait for the disbursement.
County Government Bursaries
The county government also offers bursary programs to benefit the students who qualify to join various higher learning institutions.
How To apply for County Bursaries.
- Fill county bursary application form from your home county. The form can either be acquired by downloading from the official websites of your or by visiting the County government offices in your county or any Chief/Sub-Chief’s office.
- Some of the important details required when filling the form are your full name, Name of school, Your registration/ Admission number, the amount of the fee as per the admission letter, your Parents or Guardian name, their Identity Card Number, place of residence within that particular County, the Parent/Guardian Signature and the applicants’ result slip.
- Once the form is filled submit it for signing. The form must be signed by the Government officials such as the Chief, Sub-Chief, Headmen and Priest/Pastor/Sheikh.
- Once fully signed, the application form is submitted to the County government or the office of the area Chief/Sub- chief who will then take them to the appropriate offices for approval.
- The application forms would be processed within a stipulated time frame and after this period, the successful applicants would have their fees paid in by the County government.
- Do no miss-out, early up and apply