How To Make A School Attractive To Learners
While Speaking during an interview, Minishi Nanyuki High Principal, said the school is a sweet home that is why it attract the learner’s.
The idea is that one has to sacrifice, have passion to serve and the results shall be good things that attract people.
He further explained the things that he does differently as a teacher ( he teaches maths and physic) that students find attractive.
1. Making learning be controlled by the students and not the teachers, and that’s what CBC is doing.
2. Dealing with learners strategically to make the school environment feel like home.
General welfare atmosphere of the school is very friendly. If you are trying to bully others, we will send you away.
3. Assuring the students that by the time they finish Form 4, they will leave better than they came.
4. Embracing servant leadership, which helps in running the school efficiently and effectively.
5. Employing different tactics day in day out when dealing with the Generation Z students.
6. Allowing the Generation Z learner’s to explore their capabilities. This is done by exposing them to a wide range of activities, like chess, karaoke, drama, ballgames, athletics,taekwondo e.t.c
7. You just have to do something interesting every day particularly to make them feel like they are at home and they are loved.
8. If a student does not excel in academics, they still have a chance with their talents.
9. Looking at the potential of a child and making sure that, that potential is grown-up at the highest point.
Minishi gave an example of students who would score below C- in class but had their talents improved.
If you are a footballer I ensure you go far.
How To Make A School Attractive To Learners so that it can attract more students.