The Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) on Friday opened the application portal for the 2021 KCSE candidates to apply for institutions of higher learning.
Students who managed to score C+ and above, according to Education Cabinet Secretary Prof. George Magoha, will be entitled to secure a chance in different universities across the country.
Those with C plain and below will secure slots in TVET institutions, in what the government says is to ensure 100 per cent transition.
In this light, the applicants have been urged to access the KUCCPS online portal where they will submit their applications.
To apply, one is required to have their KCSE Index number, as well as KCSE year and password, which can even be the birth certificate.
Below is a detailed procedure of how to apply for university and college admission:
- Log in to the student’s portal using the above credentials
- Since all the programmes have minimum subject requirements, you are only able to apply for courses whose minimum requirements you meet, but the selection is determined by the overall performance and the available capacity
- Click on the ‘Programmes’ tab to view available courses and their requirements. You can also search for courses by institution, using the ‘Institutions’ tab.
- You may move the ones that interest you into the ‘’Course Basket to enable you to work with a shorter list when preparing your final one
- After settling on your preferred courses, you will be required to enter the ‘Programme Codes’
- To apply, use the ‘Application/Revision’ tab to enter the programme codes
- After confirming the codes entered against the courses, submit and follow the application fee payment instructions. Students applying for the first time pay Ksh.1,500 while those revising pay Ksh.1,000
- The placement processing fee should be paid after you have selected courses
- You are advised to keep your transaction code safely since you will be required to make any subsequent changes to your application
How to pay for KUCCPS placement application via M-PESA:
- Go to your Lipa na M-Pesa menu
- Select Pay Bill
- Enter Business Number 820211
- For the Account Number, enter your KCSE Year and KCSE Index Number (no space)
- Enter your M-PESA PIN and Send