Teaching is a popular and noble profession globally. For many years now teachers have been treated with high esteem courtesy of their good job. It is from a teacher that all other professionals originate.
At a glance, it is through a teacher that people acquire knowledge and skills from their pre-primary level through secondary level to college or university the highest level of education one has attained in life.
Acquisition of knowledge and skills is all because of the effort of a teacher.
The efforts of a teacher in imparting knowledge at all levels of learning cannot be devalued. Starting from pre-primary level teacher to a lecturer all are equally important.
College tutors or university lecturers cannot have students to train if secondary school teachers do not teach and produce learners.
On the other hand, secondary school teachers depend on learners produced by primary school teachers and the learners are graduands of pre-primary teachers who are commonly referred to as Early Childhood Educators.
Therefore the Ministry of Education and other education stakeholders have revised the minimum qualifications for one to train as a teacher in all levels of learning.
The most current qualifications as per the ministry of education are given below.
Qualifications for one to train as primary teacher education.
The current level of training as a primary teacher education has been revised from certificate to diploma.
Those interested in primary teacher education should have the following minimum requirements;
- You must have a minimum of C(plain) KCSE mean grade.
- You must have attained a C plain in Mathematics, Kiswahili, and English.
- A C plain in one of the sciences
- A C plain in one of the subjects from the remaining category of subjects.
Qualifications for one to train as secondary teacher education.
The level. of training is either a diploma or a bachelor’s degree.
Interested candidates should have the following qualifications;
- KCSE mean grade of C+ and above;
- C+ and above for the two teaching subjects;
- A diploma in education from a recognized college is also accepted for one to train for a degree
- Also, You must have a C(plain) in English, Kiswahili, Mathematics, Any humanity and any one of the science subjects