The Ministry Of Defence Announces Recruitment of GSO, Cadets, Specialist Officers and Other Posts.Check Details
The ministry of Defence has announced recruitment of general Service Officer (GSO), cadets, specialist officers, general duty recruits, tradesmen, tradeswomen and defence forces constables into Kenya defence forces.
The recruitment process is scheduled to take place in the month of November 2021.
The ministry of defence has warned Kenyans that the Kenya Defence Forces’ recruitment is a free exercise eligible to all candidates with necessary qualifications.
Therefore all Kenyans are warned against malpractises with a view to influence the recruitment exercise. The public has been requested to report any suspicious activities or person to the earest police station or call 0726419709 or 0120300595.
The ministry has further warned against bribery and other acts of corruption for it is against the law and any suspect culpable of such will be arrested and prosecuted in a court of law.
Those willing to join the Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) MUST meet the following conditions and qualifications.
1. General Conditions
- Be a Kenyan citizen
- Possess a valid Kenyan national identity card, ID. Four copies of ID and PIN certificate will be required.
- Must be aged between 18 and 26 years for GSO, cadets and general duty recuits.
- For Specialist officers, tradesmen or tradeswomen one must not be above 30 years and must possess certificate or government trade test.
- For chaplains/ Imams and medical consultants should not be more than 39 years.
- One should not have criminal record.
Physically, the candidate must meet the following;
- Minimum height of 1.60m (5ft and 3inch) for men and 1.52m (5ft) for women.
- Minimum weight of 54.55 kg for men and 50.00 kg for women.
- The body mass index, BMI should not exceed 30.
- Female candidates must not be pregnant at the time of recruitment and during training period.
- Candidates must be medically fit, skin must be healthy without deep scars and tattoos.
- Specialist officers and tradesmen should a minimum experience of 2 years.
- GSO Cadets: Minimum of B plain in KCSE with a C+ in English, mathematics and one science.
- Specialist officers: KCSE mean grade of C+ and a bachelor’s degree from a recognised institution.
- General duty recruits: D plain in KCSE
How to Apply
Specialist officers and tradesmen/women intereted candidates are advised to apply by logging in https://applications.mod.go.ke not later than 14th November 2021. The shortlisted candidates will be notified through the print media between 21st to 27th November 2021.
For more details check the Ministry of Defence website.