Commonwealth Scholarships For Masters And PhD Announced For Kenyans: Check How To Apply And Deadline
The Ministry of Education Has announced commonwealth scholarships for Kenyans who wish to pursue masters and PhD in various disciplines.
The interested candidates are urged to grap the opportunity and apply of the commonwealth scholarships to secure a chance to study in the United Kingdom.
The scholarships mainly cater for the students who are pursuing masters and doctorate degree courses.
The education ministry made this announcement through its Principal Secretary (PS), Simon Mabukwesi.
According to the letter from the Ministry of Education, Kenyans have been given the opportunity that should not be taken for granted for it comes once in while.
The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the United Kingdom will offer eighteen PhD and nineteen masters full scholarships to Kenya citizens tenable in 2023.
The letter from the Ministry of Education was directed to both public and private universities Vice Chancellors (VCs) in Kenya so that everyone may have equal opportunities.
The letter further explained that online applications started on September 6, 2022, and will close on October 18, 2022, at 5pm.
The scholarship opportunities were advertised on the ministry’s website www.education.go.ke.
To qualify for a master’s degree for the commonwealth scholarship program:
1. The interested candidates must provide proof that he/she is a Kenyan citizen, and that the candidate possesses a bachelor’s degree (second class upper division and above) from a recognised university with strong academic background.
2. The candidate must provide supporting statements from two referees;
3. One must provide a proposal in the area of the study clearly showing the potential impact on the country’s development
4. A quality study plan,
5. Lastly, the candidate should be below 35 years of age.
For the PhD, and one must have the following qualifications:
1. Must be a Kenyan citizen
2. Must have a master’s degree from a recognised university,
3. Must have supporting statements from two referees, one supporting statement from a supervisor in a UK institution
4. Must have a proposal in the area of study clearly showing the potential impact on country’s development.
5. The potential candidate must also submit a quality study plan
6. He/she must be below 45 years of age.
The courses to be offered are in food security and nutrition, manufacturing, health care and housing.