The National Integrity Releases Full List Of Politicians Who Should Not Be Cleared To Vie In August General Elections
The National Integrity Alliance (NIA) has released full list of politicians who should be cleared to view by IEBC in the August general elections.
On the top list is Kenya Kwanza Alliance presidential running mate Rigathi Gachagua and Mombasa governorship hopeful Mike Sonko.
According to NIA the listed politicians should be given a red card from contesting in the August polls for varied reasons.
On Sunday 22nd NIA announced the names of this leaders and said that the individuals have ‘questionable’ integrity and should not be elected into public office in the General Election.
Rigathi and Sonko join Kiringaga Governor Ann Waiguru, Malindi MP Aisha Jumwa, Embakasi East MP Babu Owino, former Nairobi MP Evans Kidero, as well as Kapseret MP Oscar Sudi who have all been flagged.
NIA urged the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commision (IEBC) not to clear Rigathi to run for the deputy president’s office because he is implicated in graft, resulting in action by the Assets and Recovery Authority freezing accounts with approximately Ksh. 200 million in unexplained assets.
Sonko was on the other hand red-carded on the basis of his impeachment as Governor of Nairobi in December 2020, as well as confessing to being intoxicated when he was signing the deed of transfer for Nairobi Metropolitan Services.
The complete list of the leaders that NIA has red-carded is given below
- Aisha Jumwa – Malindi gubernatorial aspirant
- Ali Korane – Garissa gubernatorial aspirant
- Anne Waiguru – Kirinyaga gubernatorial aspirant
- Babu Owino – Embakasi East MP aspirant
- Cleophas Malala – Kakamega gubernatorial aspirant
- Daniel Manduku – Nyaribari Masaba MP aspirant
- Didmus Barasa – Kimilili MP aspirant
- Evans Kidero – Homa Bay gubernatorial aspirant
- Fahim Twaha – Lamu gubernatorial aspirant
- Godhana Dhadho Gaddae – Tana River gubernatorial aspirant
- Johanna Ng’eno – Emurrua Dikir MP aspirant
- John Walukhe – Sirisia MP aspirant
- Joseph Samal – Isiolo North MP aspirant
- Kembi Gitura- Muranga senatorial aspirant
- Lilian Omollo – Embu senatorial aspirant
- Mathew Lempurkel – Laikipia North MP aspirant
- Mike Mbuvi Sonko – Mombasa gubernatorial aspirant
- Mohamed Abdi Mohamud – Wajir gubernatorial aspirant
- Muthomi Njuki – Tharaka Nithi gubernatorial aspirant
- Oscar Sudi – Kapseret MP aspirant
- Phillip Kaloki – Nairobi county deputy gubernatorial aspirant
- Rigathi Gachagua – Deputy President nominee
- Samson Cherargei – Nandi senatorial aspirant
- Samuel Arama – Nakuru Town West MP aspirant
- Sospeter Ojaamong’ – Teso South MP aspirant