TSC Extends Contract For Intern Teachers For One More Year.
The teacher service commission (TSC) has announced the extension of the intern teachers’ contact for one more year.
Over 4005 intern teachers who have not secured TSC permanent and pensionable terms will renew their contract with the commission for the next 12 months.
The commission has also announced the recruitment of 995 new primary and secondary intern teachers for the academic year 2022 starting January 2022and ending December 2022.
TSC also informed that 6000 more intern teachers are going to be employed in the 2022 academic year to manage the teacher shortage in both primary and secondary schools across the country.
Teacher internship is a one-year program initiative meant to prepare and sustain new teachers in the teaching profession to equip them with relevant skills required in the effective teaching and learning process.
The internship program was started way back in 2019 to reduce teacher deficiency in both primary and secondary schools.
The secondary school intern teachers sign a contract of one year with a monthly pay of Sh 20,000 whereas the primary school intern teachers sign a one year contract with a monthly pay of Sh 15,000.
The internship program targets unemployed TSC registered teachers to enhance their teaching experience through mentorship, coaching and exposure to practical experiences in their deployed institutions.
All applications are done online via the TSC website. The application for the newly announced vacancies by the Commission will be invited soon and TSC will communicate in due time.
The application criteria for the internship include :
1. One Must be a Kenyan citizen;
2. The teacher must be registered with the TSC
3. Must have a P1 Certificate for Primary school teachers;
4. For Secondary school teachers must have a minimum of a Diploma in education;
5. Have original academic and professional certificates;
6. Should not have been in previous employment with the Teachers Service Commission, as a teacher on permanent terms;
7. Be ready to be posted to any public educational institution in Kenya;
8. Must have Personal Accident Insurance to cover for personal risks during the internship period.
TSC has said that the details of the distribution of the posts are available on the TSC official website.