The Teacher Service Commission (TSC) continues to issue show cause letters to the heads of several institutions that failed to update the Teacher Management Information System (TMIS)
The principal must give a satisfactory reason why and when the TMIS details are still awaited.
According to the commission, school administrators must update TMIS data every academic term by ensuring that teacher records and student records are updated.However, a number of principals did not update their TMIS records, prompting the TSC to issue show-cause letters demanding reasons for their withdrawal.
The Board has compiled a list containing the details of teachers who are not captured in TMIS.
The list includes the teacher’s name, ID number, age, gender, county, district, school TSC code, and school name.
So far, some school authorities have done so by updating TMIS details and including the missing teachers in the online portal.TSC uses daily TMIS data to manage teacher issues. Also, through TMIS registration, the Council can provide some SMS services to teachers.
Through TMIS, the commission can know details of school enrollment and such information is especially useful when planning teacher transfers and staff balance.
Teachers can also add to the Teacher Performance Appraisal System (TPAD) through the TMIS portal and TPAD details are sent from school to school through the system.
TSC also uses TMIS to track the number of school teachers who have gone for further training.
How to add a teacher in the TMIS online form
To perform this function, you must have a principal. If you have the login information provided by your principal, you can continue.
1. Open your browserand open the link https://teachersonline.tsc.go.ke/
2. In the Username section, enter the school teacher’s TSC number and password to access TMIS. After entering the details, click on the Login button and the principal’s name will be displayed in the upper right corner.
3. Place the cursor on TMIS Returns and click Send Teacher Return.
4. Now click Next To Enrollment. On the window an information indicating that you are registered in the school will appear.
5. Now click “Next for Teacher” . A window will be displayed containing the details of each teacher in the school. This is also where you can add missing teachers or delete (remove) teachers who have transfer or retired.
6. Now enter the TSC number of the teacher you want to add and press Enter on your keyboard. Note that the TSC number must be entered in the TSC number column.
Enter the teacher’s TSC number and press enter to search
7. After pressing Enter on the keyboard, the teacher’s details will appear. All teacher details such as reporting date at current station, responsibility, nationality, first appointment date, program date will not be visible to others. Current class, religion, SNE Specialization, type of placement, ecetetra to be entered manually.
After entering the teacher’s details, click and hold the save button in the right corner.