TSC Releases Posting Letters Of Newly Employed Teachers.
The newly employed teachers to receive their posting letters
The Teachers Service Commission (TSC) has released the posting letters of newly employed teachers with a new salary scale.
The letters of probationary employment have been sent by TSC to the recently employed teachers through the station a teacher was posted.
This comes after successfully vetting of the documents of the employed teachers.
The commission secretary spells out the following :
1. The entry level of the teacher. For instance, secondary school teacher II for teachers with a degree.
2. The station the teacher is posted and the subjects to be handled by the teacher.
3. Probationary perion
All newly recruited teacher works on probation for a period of not less than six (6) months. The probation period is subject to extension if the teacher’s performance is unsatisfactory.
4. The expected basic salary per year depending on the entry grade of the teacher. For instance secondary school teacher II will earn between shs 419,460 p.a to Ksh.524,328 p.a
5. Monthly allowances. The letter also specifies monthly allowances pegged on his/ her grade. The Teachers are entitled to house allowance and commuter allowance. Teachers posted in hardship areas will be entitled to hardship allowances. While, those working at schools with differently abled learners also receive Special allowance.
6. Where to work. Once employed by TSC, one is expected to work in any part of the country where the Commission feels his/ her services are required.
7. Duration of stay in the first station. The teacher will be required to serve at the initial work station for a period of not less than five (5) years before requesting for a transfer. However a teacher may be transferred under special consideration from the Commission on such grounds as Medical and insecurity; as may be deemed fit by TSC.